I have to make a presentation ...
THIS CHAPTER LOOKS AT:
- What (usually) leads to an undercharged performance
- The way a presentation is a gift opportunity
- Getting under the skin of the task
- PowerPoint tips – working without notes
- Tuning your presentation into the big ‘90-day question’
THE BIG HURDLE
Some employers will ask you to make a short presentation, usually immediately before an interview. This can seem daunting – you have to communicate on your feet to an audience which is probably going to be critical rather than supportive, and you know that everything you do is being assessed. What’s more, a presentation means an audience, which usually indicates at least two people interviewing.
WHAT GOES WRONG
Over the years of ...