Apple’s popular iPad and iPad mini tablets are incredibly
useful tools for photographers on the go. Instead of hauling a
laptop, you can tuck a lightweight iPad in your camera bag and take
advantage of its large screen, third-party software apps, and
online access to effectively complete and share your work away from
With the iPad for Photographers, Second Edition, novice to pro shooters will discover everything that the iPad has to offer with simple step-by-step instructions and the latest real-world advice for:
Importing photos from a camera or memory cards using the iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning Camera adapters.
Transferring photos wirelessly while you’re shooting, using Wi-Fi SD cards or adapters, or controlling the camera remotely with devices such as the CamRanger and CameraMator.
Organizing and rating images and assigning keyword tags in the field, and integrating them later with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom on your computer.
Editing photos with iPhoto, Adobe Photoshop Touch, and other image adjustment tools.
Using portfolio software to create and deliver impressive iPad presentations for prospective clients.
In this fully updated guide, photographers will learn other clever uses for their iPad including backing up photos in the field, tracking outdoor light conditions, and other techniques. Visit the book’s website at ipadforphotographers.com for updates and additional information.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Chapter 1. Capture Photos with the iPad
- Chapter 2. The iPad on Location
- Chapter 3. The iPad in the Studio
- Chapter 4. Rate and Tag Photos
- Chapter 5. Edit Photos on the iPad
- Chapter 6. Edit Video on the iPad
- Chapter 7. Build an iPad Portfolio
- Chapter 8. Share Photos
- Appendix. App Reference
- Appendix Bonus. Helpful Apps for Photographers
- Title: The iPad for Photographers: Master the Newest Tool in Your Camera Bag, Second Edition
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780133383263