If you’re looking for a book that focuses on just the
most important, most useful, and most fun stuff about your iPhone
3G or 3GS—you’ve found it.
There are basically two types of iPhone books out there: (1) The “tell-me-all-about-it” kind, which includes in-depth discussions on everything from wireless network protocols to advanced compression codes. (2) Then there’s this book, which instead is a “show-me-how-to-do-it” book that skips all the confusing techno-jargon and just tells you, in plain, simple English, exactly how to use the iPhone features you want to use most.
The iPhone Book is from Scott Kelby, the award-winning author of the smash bestseller, The iPod Book, who takes that same highly acclaimed, casual, straight-to-thepoint concept and layout and brings it to learning Apple’s amazing iPhone. Scott teams up once again with gadget guru and leading iPhone authority Terry White to put together a book that is an awful lot like the iPhone itself—simple to use and fun to learn. The book’s layout is brilliant, with each page covering just one single topic, so finding the information you need is quick and easy, with a large full-color photo on each page so you can see exactly how it works.
The first edition of this book was named Best Computer Book of 2007 and, since then, Scott and Terry added even more tips and more tricks, and made it even easier by focusing on just the most useful and most requested iPhone 3G and 3GS features, so you can start really using your iPhone today!
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Scott’s Acknowledgments
- Terry’s Acknowledgments
- About the Authors
- Seven Things You’ll Wish You Had Known...
- Before Reading This Book!
- Chapter One. The Bare Essentials: That Stuff You Have to Learn First
- Chapter Two. Phoneheads: How to Use the Phone
- Chapter Three. Please Mr. Postman: Getting (and Sending) Email
- Chapter Four. Surfin’ Safari: Using the Safari Web Browser
- Chapter Five. Tool Time: iPhone’s Tools for Organizing Your Life
- Chapter Six. The Song Remains the Same: Using iTunes, the iTunes Store, and the App Store
- Chapter Seven. Video Killed the Radio Star: Using the Built-In iPod
- Chapter Eight. One Hour Photo: Enjoying Photos on Your iPhone
- Chapter Nine. Cereal Killer: Killer Tips and Tricks
- Chapter Ten. The Trouble with Boys: Troubleshooting Your iPhone
- Chapter Eleven. Setting Me Off: The Ins and Outs of Your iPhone’s Settings
- Title: The iPhone Book (Covers iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and iPod Touch), Third Edition
- Release date: August 2009
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780321679338
You might also like
Fire Tablets For Dummies
Leverage the power of the bestselling Amazon tablet—the Fire The Fire Tablet is hot—as Amazon's premiere …
Simply SQL is a practical step-by-step guide to writing SQL. You'll learn how to make the …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
The iPhone Book, Fourth Edition
If you're looking for a book that focuses on just the most important, most useful, and …