1.3. Summary of Chapters
The rest of this book is structured as follows:
• Chapter 2 gives an overview of the Java Virtual Machine architecture.
• Chapter 3 introduces compilation of code written in the Java programming language into the instruction set of the Java Virtual Machine.
• Chapter 4 specifies the
class file format, the hardware- and operating system-independent binary format used to represent compiled classes and interfaces.
• Chapter 5 specifies the start-up of the Java Virtual Machine and the loading, linking, and initialization of classes and interfaces.
• Chapter 6 specifies the instruction set of the Java Virtual Machine, presenting the instructions in alphabetical order of opcode mnemonics.
• Chapter 7 gives a table of Java Virtual ...