Successfully cope with day-to-day problems—and find joy along the way
The Business of Joy provides you with an abundance of practical and immediately applicable life-changing ideas and inspirational, thought-provoking, and entertaining stories and quotes—in an instant. Each chapter is designed to be read and absorbed in approximately 60 seconds, offering you “Golden Nuggets” and “Joy Gems” that will help make positive, lasting change.
Inside, you get an abundance of time-tested formulas that can instantly be used to solve common and uncommon day-to-day issues. This, in and of itself, will help to better yourself today, with work and life moving at the lightning speed of thought.
- Find unique coping mechanisms when facing adversity
- Benefit from tangible, motivational, and self-management tools to forge ahead
- Keep perspective regardless of circumstance
- Build a sturdy foundation for positive culture and change
With the simple information in The Business of Joy, you’ll find all the guidance you need to find positivity in your daily life.
Table of contents
- Praise for The Joy in Business
- Don’t Read This Book
- Quick Tools Guide
- 1 The Purple Break
- 2 AFA All the Way!
- 3 Salt the Hay, Find a Way!
- 4 Say Goodbye to Your WAFs
- 5 Prevent, Acknowledge, and Release (PAR)
- 6 Now Is Perfect
- 7 4–4–6 Breathing
- 8 The Ogive Curve
- 9 Houses of Mad, Glad, Sad, and Scared
- 10 Pay Your R.E.N.T. Every Day!
- 11 More on Flooding
- 12 R.E.N.T. Assessment
- 13 What’s Your “One Thing”?
- 14 The Velvet Hammer
- 15 The Language of the Lands
- 16 Speaking the Language of the Lands
- 17 Listening = Integrity
- 18 The Plus, Plus, Dash
- 19 The Words Matter Movement
- 20 The Happiness Alphabet
- 21 Presentation Is EVERYTHING!
- 22 Because of You
- 23 Meditation
- 24 Bankruptcy, Cancer, and Heart Attack
- 25 Bee Stinger Out
- 26 What’s Your “One Thing”?
- 27 Abduction
- 28 Lost and Lonely
- 29 Confusion Is the Step Before Clarity
- 30 America’s Got Talent Audition
- 31 Crazy Calls: The White House Story (Part 1)
- 32 Follow the Hunch
- 33 Carpe Diem!
- 34 The Best Sales Interview Questions and Answers
- 35 Interviewing Essentials
- 36 The Critical Time Is NOW!: But First, Coffee
- 37 Clutter-Free!
- 38 What’s Your “One Thing”?
- PART 4
- Meet Joy Baldridge
- The Joy Gem Glossary
- Title: The Joy in Business
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119528579
You might also like
Storytelling with Data
Influence action through data! This is not a book. It is a one-of-a-kind immersive learning experience …
The Agile Developer's Handbook
A pragmatic companion guide to your Agile journey About This Book Make your team Agile by …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Mastering Python for Finance - Second Edition
Take your financial skills to the next level by mastering cutting-edge mathematical and statistical financial applications …