Establish the terms and conditions of a "Leadership Contract" to ensure the success of your company
Recent studies show that only 7 percent of employees have trust and confidence in their senior leaders. How can we ever get our organizations to succeed if so few employees believe in their senior leaders? The Leadership Contract explains why leadership, and specifically leadership culture, is the only real differentiator between the organizations that thrive and those that fall behind. This book explains how to establish a leadership contract that is fully understood and agreed upon by business leaders to ensure the success of their company.
The book lays out the four terms and conditions of the leadership contract and enlists leaders in making a conscious decision to lead, including the understanding that leadership is a decision, entails an obligation, is difficult, and requires a community.
Designed for top-level executives, mid-level managers, front-line leaders, and emerging leaders, the book identifies the shortcomings of current leadership methods and explains how to adopt new policies and mentalities to make you a better leader and ensure business success
Author Vince Molinaro, Ph.D., CMC is the author of two successful books, Leadership Solutions and The Leadership Gap and is also a Certified Management Consultant
Create the contract that ensures your leadership will take your organization to new heights.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- CHAPTER 1: My Personal Leadership Story
- CHAPTER 2: What's Wrong with Leadership Today?
- CHAPTER 3: Why We Need a Leadership Contract
CHAPTER 4: Leadership Is a Decision—Make It
- Why Doesn't Anyone Want to Be a Leader Anymore
- Why You Need to Make the Leadership Decision
- The Two Kinds of Leadership Decisions
- Big D and Small d Leadership Decisions—Clarity and Commitment
- A Real Leadership Decision Is Visceral
- Deciding Not to Lead Is an Important Leadership Decision
- Final Thoughts—Get Your Act Together
- Reflect—Leadership Is a Decision
- CHAPTER 5: Leadership Is an Obligation—Step Up
- CHAPTER 6: Leadership Is Hard Work—Get Tough
CHAPTER 7: Leadership Is a Community—Connect
- The Missed Opportunity
- We Are Wired for Community
- A Rotting of Zombies
- A League of Heroes
- A Stable of Thoroughbreds
- It's Time to Build a Community of Leaders
- A Strong Community of Leaders—Clarity and Commitment
- Has Everyone Noticed the Change in the Room?
- Final Thoughts—How Is Help Defined in Your Organization?
- Reflect—Leadership Is a Community
- CHAPTER 8: Signing the Leadership Contract
- CHAPTER 9: The Turning Points of Leadership
- CHAPTER 10: Putting the Leadership Contract into Action
- About the Author
- ABOUT KNIGHTSBRIDGE HUMAN CAPITAL SOLUTIONS
- Title: The Leadership Contract: The Fine Print to Becoming a Great Leader
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118635575