Lead your company to success in the New Industrial Revolution!
The world of business has completely transformed in recent years—and the pace of change will only increase in coming years. But one thing remains the same: Quality leadership is the hinge on which the fate of every organization swings.
The Leadership Mind Switch provides the critical lessons you need to lead your company in a fully globalized business world where radical technologies reign supreme.
Debra Benton and Kylie Wright-Ford have helped some of today’s most top executives successfully position themselves and their companies for the future. Now, in this groundbreaking leadership guide, they share their insight with you. Learn how to effectively lead a workforce that:
- Is rich in demographic texture—representing as many as four different generations
- Has varying—and sometimes conflicting—expectations of the company
- Operates with different ideas about what success looks like
- Uses, approaches, and even understands technology in different ways
The answers to these questions and many others are all here. You’ll learn how to be the kind of leader who is both firm in his or her decisions but maintains an air of approachability. You’ll learn how to drive high productivity while keeping your workers happy and satisfied in their jobs. And you’ll learn how to embrace new technologies without sacrificing the human touch—which is the hallmark of great leadership.
It will take unprecedented levels of agility, confidence, and fearlessness to lead into the future. Make the leadership mind switch to seize the competitive edge now in order to drive profits and growth tomorrow.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: The Fourth Industrial Revolution
PART ONE Leading Today and Tomorrow
- 01   The Changing World of Leadership The Changing World of Leadership
- 02   Rethinking Our Leadership Qualities Rethinking Our Leadership Qualities
- 03   Developing Our Leadership Behaviors Developing Our Leadership Behaviors
- 04   Good Leaders Start as Good Followers Good Leaders Start as Good Followers
- 05   The Ups and Downs of Being a Leader The Ups and Downs of Being a Leader
PART TWO Management, Leadership, or Both?
- 06   Basic Leadership Responsibilities Basic Leadership Responsibilities
- 07   Creating Culture in the New World of Work Creating Culture in the New World of Work
- 08   Addressing Feedback and Rewards Addressing Feedback and Rewards
- 09   Prioritizing Decisions Prioritizing Decisions
- 10   Managing Conflict and Handling Controversy Managing Conflict and Handling Controversy
- Conclusion: Getting Results
- Further Resources
- Title: The Leadership Mind Switch: Rethinking How We Lead in the New World of Work
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781259836053
You might also like
Think on Your Feet
“[Think on Your Feet] is a helpful maven’s guide ideal for anyone who views a podium …
The Product Manager's Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know to Succeed as a Product Manager, 2nd Edition
Advance in your product management career and create innovative products that customers love! Regardless of industry …
Toyota Kata Culture: Building Organizational Capability and Mindset through Kata Coaching
Take advantage of your organization’s brainpower with Kata-driven continuous improvement “This is the first book I …
The more traditional forms of leadership that are based on static hierarchies and professional distance between …