Praise For THE LITTLE BOOK OF ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS
"Ben and Phil have done it again. Another lucid, insightful book, designed to enhance your wealth! In today's stock-addled cult of equities, there is a gaping hole in most investors' portfolios...the whole panoply of alternative investments that can simultaneously help us cut our risk, better hedge our inflation risk, and boost our return. This Little Book is filled with big ideas on how to make these markets and strategies a treasured part of our investing toolkit."
—Robert Arnott, Chairman, Research Affiliates
"I have been reading Ben Stein for thirty-five years and Phil DeMuth since he joined up with Ben ten years ago. They do solid work, and this latest is no exception."
—Jim Rogers, author of A Gift to My Children
"If anyone can make hedge funds sexy, Stein and DeMuth can, and they've done it with style in this engaging, instructive, and tasteful how-to guide for investing in alternatives. But you should read this Kama Sutra of investment manuals not just for the thrills, but also to learn how to avoid the hazards of promiscuous and unprotected investing."
—Andrew Lo, Professor and Director, MIT Laboratory for Financial Engineering
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Everything You Know Is Wrong
- Chapter 2 : Efficient Market Theory and Its Discontents
- Chapter 3 : Collectibles as Investments
- Chapter 4 : More Alternatives We Don’t Love
- Chapter 5 : Conventional Alternatives I: Commodities
- Chapter 6 : Conventional Alternatives II: Real Estate
- Chapter 7 : The Ultimate Alternative Investments
- Chapter 8 : So Why Invest in Hedge Funds?
- Chapter 9 : A Field Guide to Hedge Funds, Part One
- Chapter 10 : A Field Guide to Hedge Funds, Part Deux
- Chapter 11 : One-Fund Solutions
- Chapter 12 : Hedge Funds Pigs in Mutual Fund Blankets
- Chapter 13 : Adding Alternative Investments to Your Portfolio
- Conclusion : Quest into the Unknown
- Appendix : Fundamentals
- About the Authors
- Title: The Little Book of Alternative Investments: Reaping Rewards by Daring to be Different
- Release date: March 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470920046