In this chapter we have dealt with the less pleasant end of the feedback spectrum: delivering reprimands:
- I've shared some of my own experiences and some examples of how not to do it, using Trevor and the team as a case study
- You've picked up the DESC model, which is the last of the formal structures that I'm going to share with you in this book
- You've had a chance to put the DESC model into practice
It's time to reflect again, so here are a couple of thought provokers for you:
- How do you feel about delivering reprimands in the workplace?
- If you've ever been on the receiving end of one or have witnessed one, what impact did it have?
- If you've delivered one before, how well did it go?
In the next chapter, we're going to deal with the tricky subject ...