My intention here is twofold:
1. To instruct leadership in a positive, proactive approach to discipline, one that emphasizes behavioral modification and corrective action.
2. To equip leaders with a process for documenting performance issues, including suggested language and formats to use in documentation.
That purpose is backed by guidance for establishing these necessities:
• Clear delineation of positive expectations and deliverables
• Employee self-discipline through a performance enhancement plan, or PEP
• A PEPTALK method for gaining employee agreement
• Development of a coaching leadership style
• An understanding of a performance process to isolate factors for improvement
• Identification and ...