You must immediately notify all employees that harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. You can do so simply by placing the company's harassment policy in your policy and procedure manuals and handbooks, and posting it where all members of the organization can see it. It is also a good idea to distribute a position statement to all employees, old and new. It must include:
1. A statement of the company's commitment to prevent harassment
2. A definition of workplace harassment
3. A definition of sexual harassment
4. General conduct guidelines
5. Ways to stop harassment
6. Ways to report harassment
A sample policy is included at the end of this book.
Each employee must be told that ...