Conflicts occur everyday in the life of managers. You can't escape them, but you can learn how to handle them better. Conflict causes stress, low morale, and decreased productivity. This pocket guide is for leaders who want to learn skills that will prevent and resolve conflicts and ensure a better working environment. Readers will learn how to recognize patterns of conflict, identify causes of conflict, prevent conflicts from developing (and escalating), and apply conflict resolution techniques. By mastering these skills managers will be able to better serve their employees, helping them to navigate through interpersonal conflicts and maintain workplace productivity.
Table of contents
- 1. Because You’re Human, You’ll Have Conflicts
- 2. Naming Your Conflicts
- 3. How Do You React to Conflicts?
- 4. What Causes Conflicts?
- 5. You Can Prevent Some Conflicts!
- 6. More Ways to Resolve Your Conflicts
- 7. Learning from Your Conflicts
- Bibliography of Resources on Conflict
- About the Author
- Title: The Manager's Pocket Guide to Dealing with Conflict
- Release date: January 1999
- Publisher(s): HRD Press
- ISBN: 9780874254808
You might also like
The Manager's Pocket Guide to Diversity Management
This pocket guide will teach you the skills required to effectively manage a diverse workplace—not because …
The Manager's Pocket Guide to Strategic and Business Planning
Another great title in the Managers Pocket Guide series ideal for anyone in a decisionmaking position. …
How did Bill Clinton get his party to take him seriously again after the sex scandal …
The Manager's Pocket Guide to Mega Thinking and Planning
Our world is changing and changeable. Do you know where your organization is headed? Can you …