Conflicts occur everyday in the life of managers. You can’t escape them, but you can learn how to handle them better.
What is a conflict? Conflicts are many things. They are the struggle between two or more forces, positions, or actions. For example, you have a conflict when:
• Your expectations come up against the reality of those on your staff.
• The deadline you set for a project is not met.
• People’s needs for recognition are not met.
• Your work style differs from some of your staff’s.
• People have hidden agendas and won’t reveal their true opinions and feelings.
• Contributions are ignored ...