Knowledge about customers, markets, core processes, how things get done, who knows what - is a core business asset. You may have heard of knowledge management. No longer a buzz word, it's becoming mainstream in companies large and small who want to strengthen core competencies. If you're ready to start the knowledge management process in your organization, this book provides a practical plan and roadmap. You'll walk through all the stages—assessment, planning, deployment, and evaluation—and gain specific action steps for putting it all together to expand your core competency and win competitive advantage.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Knowledge Management: Why Now?
- Chapter Two: What Is Knowledge?
- Chapter Three: Managing Knowledge: The Process
- Chapter Four: Making the Connection: Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning
- Chapter Five: Getting Started and Going Forward
- Chapter Six: Implementing Knowledge Management
- Recommended Reading
- About the Authors
- Title: The Manager's Pocket Guide to Knowledge Management
- Release date: January 2001
- Publisher(s): HRD Press
- ISBN: 9780874256413