Team outings can be a great way to acknowledge everyone’s efforts on the team. A team outing can be as fancy as an off-site multiple-day meeting in some exotic location, or as simple as a backyard cookout. Team outings can have several benefits:
• Employees feel appreciated, and if the families are invited, they feel appreciated as well.
• The employees get to know the manager and other employees on a different level.
• It’s nice to have fun with the team members outside the work place.
• A sense of family, or connection, can be made.
In planning a team outing, there are aspects a manager needs to consider carefully:
• What are the objectives of the outing?
• Should it be employees only or their families as well?
• What ...