Applying the Concept and Tools of Mega Thinking and Planning to Measurably Deliver Success
To guide us from inception to demonstrated success, use and apply the basic considerations for Mega Thinking and Planning, the six critical success factors (first noted in Table 4.1):
• Don’t assume that what worked in the past will work now. Get out of your comfort zone and be open to change.
• Differentiate between ends (what) and means (how).
• Prepare all objectives (including those for Mega, Macro, and Micro levels) that rigorously state where you are headed and how to tell when you have arrived.
• Define “need” as a gap between current and desired results, not as insufficient levels of means or resources.
• Use and link all three levels ...