In this four-course bundle, we look at a number of advanced Excel techniques all aimed at helping you make sense of the numbers in your business.
In Excel for business analysts, you will learn to clean raw data and look at a number of tools and functions that can be used to conduct analysis. Finally, we move onto some more advanced techniques designed to aid forecasting and use existing data to predict future trends.
In Advanced Excel 2019, you will gain an in-depth understanding of more advanced Excel features that delve into high-level consolidation, analysis, and reporting of financial information.
Advanced PivotTables starts with a PivotTable refresher and then goes on to discuss advanced sorting, slicers, timelines, calculated fields, pivot charts, and conditional formatting.
In Advanced Formulas, learn the Excel formulas and tools that enable you to perform complex tasks and analyses.
Filtering a dataset, sorting using formulas, creating multi-dependent drop-down lists, 2-way look-ups, text extraction, dynamic chart titles, and XLOOKUP are a few of the exciting concepts covered in the course.
By the end of the course, you will become an expert in data analysis with Excel.
What You Will Learn
- How to standardize and clean data ready for analysis in Excel
- How to format a PivotTable, including adjusting styles
- Create multi-dependent dynamic drop-down lists in Excel
- Learn all about histograms and regression in Excel
- Conduct a linear forecast and forecast smoothing in Excel
- Automate repetitive tasks in Excel using macros
The course is designed for those who want to automate Excel tasks or procedures, for users with basic knowledge of Excel 2019/365, and those upgrading from previous software versions and a foundation of Microsoft Excel. Also, those who are seeking to advance their Excel 2019/365 knowledge can benefit from this course.
This course was recorded using Excel 2019 and Excel 365. It is also relevant to those using other, recent versions of Microsoft Excel, including Excel 2013 and 2016.
About The Author
Simon Sez IT: Simon Sez IT has offered technical courses for individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies since 2008, with thousands of employees who can benefit from the easy-to-learn and hands-on software training. It offers over 8,000 video tutorials on a range of software programs.
Simon Sez IT ensures stress-free eLearning and enhanced employee productivity—whether you implement new software or a technological upgrade in your work environment. With over 600,000 students from 180 countries, Simon Sez IT is the preferred online learning choice for individuals and businesses worldwide.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Excel for Business Analysts: Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Excel for Business Analysts: the Basics
- Chapter 3 : Excel for Business Analysts: Merging and Looking Up Data
- Chapter 4 : Excel for Business Analysts: Making Better Decisions with IF
- Chapter 5 : Excel for Business Analysts: Preparing Data for Analysis
- Chapter 6 : Excel for Business Analysts: PivotTables
- Chapter 7 : Excel for Business Analysts: Visualizing Data with Charts
- Chapter 8 : Excel for Business Analysts: Forecasting
- Chapter 9 : Excel for Business Analysts: Additional Useful Functions in Excel
- Chapter 10 : Excel for Business Analysts: WhatIf Analysis
- Chapter 11 : Excel for Business Analysts: Conclusion
- Chapter 12 : Advanced Excel 2019: Introduction
- Chapter 13 : Advanced Excel 2019: Functions
- Chapter 14 : Advanced Excel 2019: Date and Time Functions
- Chapter 15 : Advanced Excel 2019: Text Functions
- Chapter 16 : Advanced Excel 2019: Logical Functions
- Chapter 17 : Advanced Excel 2019: Lookup Functions
- Chapter 18 : Advanced Excel 2019: Financial Functions
- Chapter 19 : Advanced Excel 2019: Statistical Functions
- Chapter 20 : Advanced Excel 2019: Connecting to External Data
- Chapter 21 : Advanced Excel 2019: Tables
- Chapter 22 : Advanced Excel 2019: Pivot Tables
- Chapter 23 : Advanced Excel 2019: Data Analysis
- Chapter 24 : Advanced Excel 2019: Graphs and Charts
- Chapter 25 : Advanced Excel 2019: Web App
- Chapter 26 : Advanced Excel 2019: Conclusion
- Chapter 27 : Advanced PivotTables: Introduction
- Chapter 28 : Advanced PivotTables: Importing Data
- Chapter 29 : Advanced PivotTables: Preparing Data for Analysis
- Chapter 30 : Advanced PivotTables: Creating and Manipulating PivotTables
- Chapter 31 : Advanced PivotTables: Formatting PivotTables
- Chapter 32 : Advanced PivotTables: Value Field Settings
- Chapter 33 : Advanced PivotTables: Sorting and Filtering
- Chapter 34 : Advanced PivotTables: Interacting with PivotTables
- Chapter 35 : Advanced PivotTables: Calculations
- Chapter 36 : Advanced PivotTables: Pivot Charts
- Chapter 37 : Advanced PivotTables: Conditional Formatting
- Chapter 38 : Advanced PivotTables: Dashboards
- Chapter 39 : Advanced PivotTables: Conclusion
- Chapter 40 : Advanced Formulas in Excel: Introduction
Chapter 41 : Advanced Formulas
- Filter a Dataset Using a Formula
- Sort a Dataset Using a Formula and Defined Variables
- Multiple Dependent Dynamic Drop-Down Lists
- Perform a 2-way Lookup
- Make Decisions with Complex Logical Calculations
- Extracting Parts of a Text String
- Creating a Dynamic Chart Title
- Finding the Last Occurrence of a Value in a List
- Looking Up Information with XLOOKUP
- Find the st Match to a Value
- Chapter 42 : Advanced Formulas in Excel: Conclusion
- Title: The Microsoft Excel Data Analysis Toolkit Bundle
- Release date: July 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781803239262
You might also like
Microsoft Excel Advanced 2019
Get beyond the basics and supercharge your current skill level in Excel. With this 9-hour, expert-led …
Microsoft Excel 2021/365 - Beginner to Advanced
Microsoft has released its latest stand-alone Excel version, which opens up many of the features and …
Definitive Guide to DAX, The: Business intelligence for Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Analysis Services, and Excel, 2nd Edition
Now expanded and updated with modern best practices, this is the most complete guide to Microsoft's …
Microsoft Excel Beginners 2019
This 7-hour Microsoft Excel 2019 course is perfect for those brand new to Excel and who …