Book DescriptionEnjoy the Ride!
We all ride the Mood Elevator up and down every day. How well we do it impacts our relationships, our personal effectiveness, our career, and our experience of life. Most people take that ride for granted—but what if we knew the right buttons to push to move to the top?
In this very practical guide, Larry Senn provides an operating manual to keep you out of the emotional basement. He shows how to interrupt negative thought patterns that keep you stuck on a lower floor—depressed, stressed, anxious, judgmental—and move higher by cultivating mental attitudes like curiosity and gratitude. Through Senn's decades of work as a consultant, the Mood Elevator has been enthusiastically embraced by hundreds of thousands of people around the world. By sharing his work with a wider audience, Senn hopes to help all of us live life at our best.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- CHAPTER 1 The Mood Elevator
- CHAPTER 2 What Drives the Mood Elevator?
- CHAPTER 3 Up the Mood Elevator: The Big Payoffs
- CHAPTER 4 Escaping Unhealthy Normal
- CHAPTER 5 Braking Your Mood Elevator: The Power of Curiosity
- CHAPTER 6 Interrupting Your Pattern
- CHAPTER 7 Feeding the Thoughts You Favor
- CHAPTER 8 Living in Mild Preference
- CHAPTER 9 Shifting Your Set Point: The Wellness Equation
- CHAPTER 10 Quieting Your Mind
- CHAPTER 11 Cultivating Gratitude
- CHAPTER 12 Honoring Our Separate Realities
- CHAPTER 13 Nurturing Faith and Optimism
- CHAPTER 14 Dealing With Your Down Days
- CHAPTER 15 Relationships and the Mood Elevator
- CHAPTER 16 Pointers for Riding the Mood Elevator
- How This Book Came to Be
- About the Author
- Title: The Mood Elevator
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523084630