In his first two best-selling books Presentation Zen and
Presentation Zen Design, Garr Reynolds gave readers the
necessary tools for planning and designing successful
presentations. Establishing the framework for beautifully designed
and well-prepared presentations, he now examines the delivery of
the presentation in this handy, beautiful, and simple guide.
The Naked Presenter teaches readers how they can reach an audience by stripping away all that is unnecessary to get at the essence of the message. The naked presenter approaches the presentation task embracing the ideas of simplicity, clarity, honesty, integrity, and passion. She presents with a certain freshness. The ideas may or may not be radical, earth shattering, or new. But there is a "newness" and freshness to her approach and to her content. And if she uses slideware, her slides fit well with her talk and are harmonious with her message. The slides are in sync, and are simple and beautifully designed, yet never steal the show or rise above serving a strong but simple supportive role.
In this book, readers will learn how to achieve that balance and gain the skills to deliver presentations that are natural and memorable.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Praise for The Naked Presenter
- 1. Naturalness and the Art of Presenting Naked
- 2. First Things First: Preparation
- 3. Connect with Punch, Presence, and Projection
- 4. Engage with Passion, Proximity, and Play
- 5. Sustain with Pace and Participation
- 6. End with a Powerful Finish
- 7. Continuous Improvement Through Persistence
- Title: The Naked Presenter: Delivering Powerful Presentations With or Without Slides
- Release date: November 2010
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 9780321717856