The high level of innovation currently transforming our society and its technological dynamics can be seen as a second wave of innovation of the third technological system, which emerged in the late 1970s.
This book discusses the concept of technological systems, focusing on the tools used for formalizing the organization of technology in society and its dynamics of evolution.
The author uses these tools to characterize the contemporary technological system and to model its specific dynamics. In doing so, he raises questions about the continuity of the current technological system, and its capacity to generate powerful innovatory movements.
Table of contents
1 How Can a Technological System be Understood and Analyzed?
- 1.1. Introduction
- 1.2. The construction of technology analysis models in systems
- 1.3. The representation of the movement: the technological lifecycle, the discontinuity of the technical movement
- 1.4. Model for the internal restructuring of technology systems by means of the three components: technique–architecture–function
- 2 The Historical Dynamics of Technological Systems: Putting the Contemporary Technological System into Historical Perspective
- 3 The Contemporary Technological System Emerges from the Previous One or the Third Technological Revolution
- 4 Formation of the Third Technological System and First Wave of the New Technological System
- 5 The Second Wave of the Third Technological System
- 6 The Second Wave of the Technology System Transforms and Reorganizes the Economy and Social Systems
- Conclusion: The Future of the Contemporary Technological System: Continuity or Disruption?
- End User License Agreement
- Title: The Ongoing Technological System
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley-ISTE
- ISBN: 9781786302144
You might also like
Full Stack Web Development Mastery Course - Novice to Expert
Full stack development refers to the development of both frontend (client-side) and backend (server-side) portions of …
Complete Python Course with 10 Real-World Projects
Python is a multi-paradigm programming language with object-oriented and structured programming fully supported, and many features …
Infrastructure as Code, 2nd Edition
Six years ago, Infrastructure as Code was a new concept. Today, as even banks and other …
Beginning Software Engineering
A complete introduction to building robust and reliable software Beginning Software Engineering demystifies the software engineering …