It is a new era. To win in an increasingly dynamic and volatile environment, leadership teams must be agile – they must be flexible enough to react to early signs and act on them quickly. An agile company needs good decision-making at all levels – from the centre to the periphery, tapping into the full potential of the people, operating model, information technology and leadership practices. And decisions are made by people. This guide forces you to re-examine the assumptions underlying your leadership and how agility within your company can be built through a three-point, people-centric approach. The author’s insights will help you understand your options, make the choices required to successfully coach your team, and start creating agility as a competitive advantage today.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Diagnostic Self-Mentoring
Part I: Work in the System
1 Why Does Agility Matter?
- To Cultivate: An Obvious Choice
- The Performance Triangle
- When Viruses Interfere With Growth
- Success: Determine your Future
- Culture: Shape it as Needed
- Culture Releases Productive Energy
- Culture Correlates With Success
- Knowledge Sharing
- Collaboration: Making it Work
- Organization in a Networked Economy
- When It’s Time to Refuel
2 How Do You Know Agility is There?
- Performance is Individual
- People: More Than Good Intentions!
- Purpose: Needs to Be Found
- The Inner Game
- The Policy Framework
- Experience Flow
- Make the Difference
- Time is Taken, Not Found
- When Systems Replace Relationships
- Leadership: Ask Questions And Relate People
- Relationships: Connect People
- Leadership And Culture Connect People
- From Administration to A High Energy Culture
- Systems: Shape Culture And Leadership
- Systems And Culture Offer Purpose
- Systems And Leadership Enable Collaboration
- Does Good Leadership Matter?
- Three Conversations
- When Pioneers Grow Up
- 3 What Does Agility Mean to your Team?
- 1 Why Does Agility Matter?
Part II: Work on the System
- 4 How Do You Ensure That Agility is Everywhere?
- 5 How Do You Make Agility Stick?
Part III: Engage People in the Conversation
- 6 Who is Accountable For Making Sure That Agility Happens?
- 7 How Do You Lead the Agile Way?
- How We Got to the Performance Triangle
- Advance Praise for the Performance Triangle
- The Agilityinsights Diagnostic™
- Title: The Performance Triangle
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Editorial Almuzara
- ISBN: 9781907794414
You might also like
The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
Achieve "Massive Action" results and accomplish your business dreams! While most people operate with only three …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
The Handbook of Knowledge-Based Coaching: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE
Praise for The Handbook ofKnowledge-Based Coaching "Definitive, with extensive references and a commitment to connecting theory …
Agile Metrics in Action: How to measure and improve team performance
Summary Agile Metrics in Action About the Book The iterative nature of agile development is perfect …