THE PLAN OF THE WORK.
The work is in six Parts:
- The Divisions of the Sciences.
- The New Organon ; or Directions concerning the Interpretation of Nature.
- The Phenomena of the Universe ; or a Natural and Experimental History for the foundation of Philosophy.
- The Ladder of the Intellect.
- The Forerunners ; or Anticipations of the New Philosophy.
- The New Philosophy ; or Active Science.
The Arguments of the several Parts.
IT being part of my design to set everything forth, as far as may be, plainly and perspicuously (for nakedness of the mind is still, as nakedness of the body once was, the companion of innocence and simplicity), let me first explain the order and plan of the work. I distribute it into six parts.
The first part exhibits a summary ...