This critically-acclaimed interactive training program from Peachpit Press offers exceptional quality high-definition video to teach the fundamentals of HDR Efex Pro, the premiere high dynamic range image-created software from Google's Nik Collection.
Including 1.5 hours of tutorials, this Learn by Video features instructor and professional photographer Sean Arbabi.
In this video, Sean first presents a great introduction to HDR imagery - how it works, why it is so powerful, and how you can harness that power to create great images. This video includes a complete workflow, from importing images to final output. Sean discusses the best features of the program and dives in to share his own personal workflow for creating HDR images. This video covers importing images, setting up preferences, how to begin the HDR process with the Preset Library, and how to fine-tune that work to create your own custom conversion.
Sean will cover the powerful Tone Compression, Method Strength, HDR Method, and Tonality features, as well as how to use HDR Efex Pro's Grad ND sliders, Control Points, and Vignettes to put the finishing touches on your image.
Table of contents
- In this chapter we'll discuss the history of photography, concentrating on contrast and how HDR was performed in various ways in the past. We'll define what HDR is, why it’s an amazing process, and how it’s changing exposure and photography as a whole. Then we’ll cover how to capture the scenes needed to produce an HDR image using HDR Efex Pro.
- In this chapter we'll cover general technical information about the HDR process, such as what file types to use, various features of the program, and the main sections of the interface. You'll soon see why I love using HDR Efex Pro to combine my images into a High Dynamic Range image.
- In this chapter we'll discuss a few ways to access HDR Efex Pro with Photoshop and Lightroom, as well as through its stand-alone version. We'll demonstrate which menus to use, and how to start combining your bracketed series into an HDR.
- The Merge dialog feature in HDR Efex Pro provides an important step in combining your image files smoothly and efficiently. In this chapter we’ll talk about the benefits and pitfalls of each choice, and the ways to blend your HDR before moving forward.
- This chapter will demonstrate how to use the history and viewing preferences when working with your HDR conversions, and how side-by-side comparisons of the before and after versions of your image provide yet another reference point.
- Much of the strength and simplicity of HDR Efex Pro lies in its presets. As this chapter demonstrates, you can simply select the HDR version you want and either convert the image immediately, or add your touch to the preset to create your own personalized version. You can also import a preset created by another photographer.
- This is where the rubber meets the road—exposure control and the various adjustments that allow you to fine-tune your HDR creation. In this chapter we'll discuss how each image will differ depending on its content, how to protect certain tones, and a philosophy that “less or more.” We’ll also cover Control Points, then address finishing touches.
- Now that we have achieved our preferred results, we'll cover a basic explanation of how to save and title your finished HDR creation, and briefly discuss the option to import the final scene into Lightroom or Photoshop for any minor adjustments.
- Title: 'The Photographer's Guide to HDR Efex Pro: Learn by Video'
- Release date: May 2015
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 0134077075
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), 2nd Edition
18+ Hours of Video Instruction Learn everything you need to know to pass the Certified Ethical …
Python A-Z - Learn Python Programming By Building 5 Projects
Python programming masterclass for beginners – learn all about Python 3 with object-oriented concepts, five projects …
Digital Photography for Everyone LiveLessons
Virtually all of the photography tips and strategies discusses and demonstrated throughout the course will work …