Master the Photoshop techniques used by professionals to create captivating composites, special effects, and more!
The Photoshop Workbook¿reveals the creative skills that photographer and retoucher Glyn Dewis uses for his global clients. In this guide you will learn not only his step-by-step Photoshop techniques, but how and when to apply them so that you, too, can take your images to a whole new level.
Glyn starts by covering the individual Photoshop skills that are the essential building blocks of his process: mastering selections and cutouts; dodging and burning and using the “power of gray” for composites; applying lighting effects; creating special effects; and turning day into night using a nondestructive workflow.
It’s one thing to learn the techniques, but to master them you need to understand when to apply them and in what order. In the second part of the book, Glyn brings everything together with his real-world projects. He covers six complete, start-to-finish projects–including all the images for you to download and follow along–that show you how to apply the techniques to a variety of scenarios.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- About the Author
- About This Book
Part 1: Techniques
- Chapter 1. Selections and Cutouts
- Chapter 2. The Power of Gray
- Chapter 3. Lighting Effects
- Chapter 4. Special Effects
- Chapter 5. Compositing Quick Tips
Part 2: Projects
- Chapter 6. Character Portrait
- Chapter 7. Tough Guy
- Chapter 8. Rhino Composite
- Chapter 9. Fairytale Scene
- Chapter 10. Retouching a Landscape
- Chapter 11. Assassin
- Title: The Photoshop Workbook: Professional Retouching and Compositing Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
- Release date: December 2014
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780134008516