Giving compelling answers to interview questions can make the difference between winning a job and unemployment. The Pocket Idiot's Guide™ to Interview Questions and Answers will arm you with answers to the 150 toughest interview questions. Whether you read the book cover-to- cover to prepare for an initial interview or uses it as a last-minute reference on the way to a final interview, you will be prepared to offer clear, concise, and thoughtful answers. You'll also learn what questions to ask your interviewer to help you figure out if the job is right for you.
Table of contents
1. Oops ... Mistakes Job-Hunters Make
- Get Prepared
- Put Yourself in the Interviewer’s Shoes
- The Number-One Mistake: Lack of Research
- Research 101
- 2. Do Your Homework
- 3. What Is It About You?
- 4. What Have You Done?
- 5. Can You Be More Specific?
- 6. What Did You Do at the U?
- 7. How Are You to Work With?
- 8. Torture Time
- 9. Show Me the Money
- 10. Turning the Tables
- 11. Say What?
- 12. Different Strokes, Different Folks
Appendix A: Glossary
- Appendix B: Online Resources
- Appendix C: Trade Associations
- Title: The Pocket Idiot’s Guide™ to One-Minute Managing
- Release date: February 2005
- Publisher(s): Alpha
- ISBN: 9781592573363
You might also like
Ace the Programming Interview: 160 Questions and Answers for Success
Be prepared to answer the most relevant interview questions and land the job Programmers are in …
The Little Book of Being Brilliant
The latest and greatest insights on happiness from around the world The Little Book of Being …
Power Verbs for Job Seekers: Hundreds of Verbs and Phrases to Bring Your Résumés, Cover Letters, and Job Interviews to Life
Electrify all your job search communications and build the great career you want! The right verbs …
High-Impact Interview Questions, 2nd Edition
Ask the right questions. Hire the best people. Most prospective hires come well prepared. So how …