Praise For The Power of Mobility: How Your Business Can
Compete and Win in the Next Technology Revolution
"Mobility is the next technology force that is redefining how
businesses operate. Going forward, the winners will be 'anywhere
enterprises' that learn how to combine the Power of Mobility with
broadband connectivity to create competitive advantage. Russell's
book lays out a straightforward road map for how to do just
—Berge Ayvazian, Chief Strategy Officer, Yankee Group "Our experience has proved that integrating the mobility of our services into the lives of students creates tremendous opportunities and new value. The ideas presented in this book will serve organizations and businesses of all types well as they explore the innovative growth that can come with the Power of Mobility."
—Dr. Karen Pennington, Vice President, Student Development and Campus Life, Montclair State University "For many professionals, the workplace is no longer a 'place,' and the work day is no longer a 'day.' The Power of Mobility shows us that companies that recognize this fundamental shift are in the best position to take advantage of mobility to increase business agility, transform the way they serve customers, and enable exciting new business models."
—Don Proctor, Senior Vice President, Collaboration Software Group, Cisco "What businesses need is a plain English explanation of the new values and disciplines of the Mobility Age. In The Power of Mobility, Russell McGuire provides that clear guidance without the 'technospeak.'"
—Clint Parr, Chief Executive Officer and President, Anyware Mobile Solutions "Companies that figure out how to keep employees connected and leverage context have the opportunity to outperform their peers in the marketplace. The Power of Mobility explains what this all means in simple terms, describes how companies can build mobility into their businesses, and provides helpful examples for those wanting to gain competitive advantage."
—H.P. Jin, PhD, Chief Executive Officer & President, TeleNav Inc. "The Power of Mobility prepares you, in a step-by-step fashion, to interpret the opportunity presented by mobility into your firm's environment."
—Danny Briere, Chief Executive Officer, Telechoice
Table of contents
- Preface: Welcome to the Mobile World
1. The Mobility Age
- 1. Technology Sets the Stage
- 2. Redefining Communications
- 3. The Law of Mobility Signals Transformation
- 4. What Power?
2. Seven Steps to the Power of Mobility
5. Introducing the Seven Steps
- Making a Product Mobile
- Adding Mobility into Products Today
- I Thought Cameras Already Were Mobile
- Can Mobility Increase the Value of Your Product?
- Making a Service Mobile
- Adding Mobility into Services Today
- Can Mobility Increase the Value of Your Service?
- Making a Process Mobile
- High Reward, High Risk
- 6. Digitize: Capture the Power Unleashed by Moore’s Law
- 7. Connect: Capture the Power Unleashed by Metcalfe’s Law
- 8. Evaluate: How Is the Value of Your Product or Service Limited?
- 9. Limit: What Are You Going To Choose Not To Do?
- 10. Position: Select Your Target Markets, Customers, and Applications
- 11. Protect: Manage the Danger of Moblity
- 12. Learn from Your Customers
- 13. Conclusion: Go Capture the Power!
- 5. Introducing the Seven Steps
- Title: The Power of Mobility: How Your Business Can Compete and Win in the Next Technology Revolution
- Release date: September 2007
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470171288
You might also like
Practical Guide Provides Students and Industry Professionals with Latest Information on 5G Mobile Networks Continuing the …
5G System Design
This book provides a comprehensive overview of the latest research and standardization progress towards the 5th …
Begin to Code with Python
Become a Python programmer–and have fun doing it! Start writing software that solves real problems, even …
Intro to Python for Computer Science and Data Science: Learning to Program with AI, Big Data and The Cloud
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access …