1. For more information about this study, visit www.MatureMarketInstitute.com.
2. O. Carl Simonton, ”The Healing Journey” (lecture, Denver,1996).
3. Terry Fox (1958—1981) was a Canadian humanitarian, athlete, and cancer treatment activist. He is considered one of Canada’s greatest heroes — in a public opinion poll he was voted the most famous Canadian of the twentieth century. For more information, see www.terryfox.com.
4. Pat Murphy and William Neill, By Nature’s Design (San Francisco: Chronicle Books, 1993).
5. Mary Catherine Bateson, Composing a Life (New York: Plume, 1990).
6. Peter Drucker, interview, Psychology Today, October 1968.
7. Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death (New York: Free Press, 1973).
8. Albert Schweitzer, Peace or Atomic ...