Learn about the very latest in real-time data processing tools, architectures, and applications with this video collection of select talks from the five Strata + Hadoop World conferences in 2016. You'll see world-class experts like Jay Kreps (Confluent) and Michael Armbrust (Databricks) discuss advances in tools such as Kafka and Spark, and leaders in the field explain how they design real-time platforms at scale, address common challenges, and implement streaming architectures across industries.
With The Real-time Video Collection: 2016, you get the full year of real-time talks, no matter when you purchase during 2016.
Here's how it works: After each conference wraps up, we'll update the video with an additional batch of talks. This year's conferences are being held in June, August, September and December. Content from Strata + Hadoop World San Jose, held in March 2016, is already available, and includes 11 talks from experts in real-time data processing.
Table of contents
San Jose 2016: Real-Time Tools
- Distributed stream processing with Apache Kafka - Jay Kreps (Confluent) 00:39:54
- Apache Spark and real-time analytics: From interactive queries to streaming - Michael Armbrust (Databricks) 00:39:24
- Fast data made easy with Apache Kafka and Apache Kudu (incubating) - Ted Malaska (Cloudera), Jeff Holoman (Cloudera) 00:38:54
- Apache Flink: Streaming done right - Kostas Tzoumas (data Artisans) 00:35:40
- Real-time Hadoop: What an ideal messaging system should bring to Hadoop - Ted Dunning (MapR Technologies) 00:42:16
- Designing a scalable real-time data platform using Akka, Spark Streaming, and Kafka - Alex Silva (Pluralsight) 00:39:32
- Pulsar: Real-time analytics at scale leveraging Kafka, Kylin, and Druid - Tony Ng (eBay, Inc.) 00:36:38
- Lessons learned building a scalable self-serve, real-time, multitenant monitoring service at Yahoo - Sumeet Singh (Yahoo), Mridul Jain (Yahoo) 00:41:36
San Jose 2016: Real-Time Applications
- Taking Spark Streaming to the next level with DataFrames - Tathagata Das (Databricks) 00:33:33
- Real-time fraud detection using process mining with Spark Streaming - Hylke Hendriksen (ING) 00:37:15
- Uber, your Hadoop has arrived: Powering intelligence for Uber’s real-time marketplace - Vinoth Chandar (Uber) 00:50:15
- London 2016: Real-time Tools
- London 2016: Real-time Architectures
- London 2016: Real-time Applications
- Title: The Real-Time Video Collection: 2016
- Release date: June 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491965801
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Distributed Systems in One Lesson
Simple tasks like running a program or storing and retrieving data become much more complicated when …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …