Use data, technology, and inbound selling to build a remarkable team and accelerate sales
The Sales Acceleration Formula provides a scalable, predictable approach to growing revenue and building a winning sales team. Everyone wants to build the next $100 million business and author Mark Roberge has actually done it using a unique methodology that he shares with his readers. As an MIT alum with an engineering background, Roberge challenged the conventional methods of scaling sales utilizing the metrics-driven, process-oriented lens through which he was trained to see the world. In this book, he reveals his formulas for success. Readers will learn how to apply data, technology, and inbound selling to every aspect of accelerating sales, including hiring, training, managing, and generating demand.
As SVP of Worldwide Sales and Services for software company HubSpot, Mark led hundreds of his employees to the acquisition and retention of the company's first 10,000 customers across more than 60 countries. This book outlines his approach and provides an action plan for others to replicate his success, including the following key elements:
Hire the same successful salesperson every time — The Sales Hiring Formula
Train every salesperson in the same manner — The Sales Training Formula
Hold salespeople accountable to the same sales process — The Sales Management Formula
Provide salespeople with the same quality and quantity of leads every month — The Demand Generation Formula
Leverage technology to enable better buying for customers and faster selling for salespeople
Business owners, sales executives, and investors are all looking to turn their brilliant ideas into the next $100 million revenue business. Often, the biggest challenge they face is the task of scaling sales. They crave a blueprint for success, but fail to find it because sales has traditionally been referred to as an art form, rather than a science. You can't major in sales in college. Many people question whether sales can even be taught. Executives and entrepreneurs are often left feeling helpless and hopeless.
The Sales Acceleration Formula completely alters this paradigm. In today's digital world, in which every action is logged and masses of data sit at our fingertips, building a sales team no longer needs to be an art form. There is a process. Sales can be predictable.
A formula does exist.
Table of contents
- Title Page
Part I: The Sales Hiring Formula
- Chapter 1: Uncovering the Characteristics of a Successful Salesperson
- Chapter 2: Five Traits Great Salespeople Have and How to Interview for Them
- Chapter 3: Finding Top-Performing Salespeople
- Chapter 4: The Ideal First Sales Hire
Part II: The Sales Training Formula
- Chapter 5: Setting Up a Predictable Sales Training Program
- Chapter 6: Manufacturing Helpful Salespeople Your Buyers Trust
Part III: The Sales Management Formula
- Chapter 7: Metrics-Driven Sales Coaching
- Chapter 8: Motivation through Sales Compensation Plans and Contests
- Chapter 9: Developing Sales Leaders—Advantages of a “Promote from Within” Culture
Part IV: The Demand Generation Formula
- Chapter 10: Flip the Demand Generation Formula—Get Buyers to Find You
- Chapter 11: Converting Inbound Interest into Revenue
- Chapter 12: Aligning Sales and Marketing—The SMarketing SLA
Part V: Technology and Experimentation
- Chapter 13: Technology to Sell Better, Faster
- Chapter 14: Running Successful Sales Experiments
- Chapter 15: HubSpot's Most Successful Sales Experiments
- Chapter 16: Conclusion: Where Do We Go from Here?
- All of the Proceeds of This Book Will Be Donated to BUILD-Boston
- End User License Agreement
- Title: The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, and Inbound Selling to go from $0 to $100 Million
- Release date: February 2015
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119047070
You might also like
Startup, Scaleup, Screwup.
Real-world tools to build your venture, grow your business, and avoid mistakes Startup, Scaleup, Screwup is …
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide to Opening Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, Email, Text, and Cold Calling
Ditch the failed sales tactics, fill your pipeline, and crush your number Fanatical Prospecting gives salespeople, …
From Impossible to Inevitable, 2nd Edition
Break your revenue records with Silicon Valley’s “growth bible” “ This book makes very clear how …