Book descriptionEngaging, practical, and immediately useful for any business and its messengers on how to talk about their business and connect with their customers. The vast majority of word of mouth happens offline, in everyday conversations. In The Science of Customer Connections, Karrh offers simple concepts plus practical guidance for individual professionals, teams, and complex organizations to be part of those conversations in ways that grow their business. With clear language and a sense of humor, Karrh guides readers step by step to create: A message that is memorable, interesting to buyers, and built to share A growing set of messengers who include your story in their everyday conversations Management habits that build consistency and scale Readers will be equipped to engage customers and employees, build trustworthiness, and grow profitably—without necessarily having to change their business model, offerings, pricing, distribution, or people. Instead, they can quickly elevate the way that everyone close to the business talks about it, consistently resulting in stronger cross-selling and upselling of additional products and services, higher customer satisfaction, and more consistent employee engagement. Inspirational real-world examples are presented from entrepreneurs and career changers, growth companies, and large global organizations.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- 1: YOUR MESSAGE CAN BE YOUR BUSINESS ADVANTAGE—If It Isn't Hiding Somewhere
Part One: A MESSAGE FOR GROWTH
- 2: MAKING THE MESSAGE: What Can We Say?
3: GETTING RELEVANT: What Customers and Prospects Actually Want (and Need) to Hear
- THE PAINFUL TRUTH: MOST PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOU
- THERE'S CHEMISTRY: WHY IT FEELS SO GOOD TO TALK ABOUT OURSELVES
- SO LET'S GET ENGAGED (WITH OUR AUDIENCES, THAT IS)
- WHAT IS IT LIKE TO BE ENGAGED WITH YOU?
- DON'T WE ALL NEED SOMEBODY TO . . . TRUST?
- THE THREE STEPS TO BEING A TRUSTED PROFESSIONAL
- YOUR MESSAGE HELPS THE PROCESS
- 4: CRAFTING YOUR CONVERSATIONS: What Needs to Be Said . . . and How!
Part Two: A LOT MORE GREAT MESSENGERS
- 5: WE ARE ALL IN THIS: Customer Conversations Really Are for Everyone
- 6: SOMETIMES, THE MESSENGER DOES GET SHOT—and Deserves It
- 7: NOT EVERY MESSENGER IS CREATED EQUAL (But Nearly All Can Be Effective)
Part Three: A NEW SET OF MANAGEMENT HABITS
- 8: YOU CAN BE A CONVERSATIONAL LEADER (And Probably Need to Be)
- 9: KNOW, GO, AND SHOW: How Great Leaders Become Great Coaches, Too
10: BUILD MOMENTUM AND ENJOY THE BUSINESS IMPACT
- KEEP GROWING THROUGH GENERATIONAL CHANGE
- ACCELERATING THE GROWTH OF YOUR GREAT IDEA
- GETTING EVERYONE UP TO SPEED FASTER
- MAKING A RADICAL CHANGE IN PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY
- WHEN YOU'RE JUST GETTING STARTED
- STORYTELLING TO BUILD IDENTITY
- “SOMEONE WHO'S DOING IT RIGHT”: BIG SUCCESS WITH A ME-TOO PRODUCT
- WHAT WILL BE YOUR NEXT MESSAGING MOVE?
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: The Science of Customer Connections
- Release date: September 2019
- Publisher(s): Career Press
- ISBN: 9781632657794
You might also like
Python for DevOps
Much has changed in technology over the past decade. Data is hot, the cloud is ubiquitous, …
Designing for Behavior Change, 2nd Edition
Designers and managers hope their products become essential for users—integrated into their lives like Instagram, Lyft, …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …
Clean Agile: Back to Basics
Agile Values and Principles for a New Generation “In the journey to all things Agile, Uncle …