1. Is the one-sentence description uniquely appealing?
2. Does the concept contain an intriguing ironic contradiction?
3. Is this a story anyone can identify with, projected onto a bigger canvas, with higher stakes?
4. Is the concept simple enough to spend more time on character than plot?
5. Is there one character whom the audience will choose to be their hero?
6. Does the story follow the progress of the hero’s problem, not the hero’s daily life?
7. Does the story present a unique central relationship?
8. Is at least one actual human being opposed to what the hero is doing?
9. Does this challenge represent the hero’s greatest hope and/or greatest fear and/or an ironic answer ...