20. Does the hero have a moment of humanity early on?
21. Is the hero defined by ongoing actions and attitudes, not by backstory?
22. Does the hero have a well-defined public identity?
23. Does the surface characterization ironically contrast with a hidden interior self?
24. Does the hero have a consistent metaphor family?
25. Does the hero have a default personality trait?
26. Does the hero have a default argument tactic?
27. Is the hero’s primary motivation for tackling this challenge strong, simple, and revealed early on?
28. Does the hero start out with a shortsighted or wrongheaded philosophy (or accept a bad piece of advice early on)?
29. Does the hero have a false or shortsighted goal in the ...