42. When the story begins, is the hero becoming increasingly irritated about her longstanding social problem (while still in denial about an internal flaw)?
43. Does this problem become undeniable due to a social humiliation at the beginning of the story?
44. Does the hero discover an intimidating opportunity to fix the problem?
45. Does the hero hesitate until the stakes are raised?
46. Does the hero commit to pursuing the opportunity by the end of the first quarter?
47. Does the hero’s pursuit of the opportunity quickly lead to an unforeseen conflict with another person?
48. Does the hero try the easy way throughout the second quarter?
49. Does the hero ...