When you want to stop diluting other people’s messages
Cascading other people’s messages is hard. You might:
- Have been given poor material.
- Have no time.
- Not agree with the message.
- Feel uncomfortable delivering it.
- Think it’s not your job.
- Just not want to.
- Feel annoyed with your team that day, so don’t want to talk to them about anything.
- Think the message is boring, pointless or “corporate drivel”.
- Find it hard to passionately deliver someone else’s words (I know I do).
- Think “there are just too many of these cascades”.
- Expect these so-called “critical” messages to be superseded by Something More Important in the next few days.
- Feel unsupported by the ...