Social media is not about social media. It's about leadership and connections.
Billions of conversations are taking place in social networks every day. But for busy executives and business owners, time constraints make it hard to dedicate time to demystifying these communication opportunities. In The Social Executive, readers are given evidence-based, data-driven strategies for mastering social media, and using it to enable business success. This book's easy, straightforward, practical style ensures that you will gain a solid working platform in the shortest amount of time possible. The focus is on the reasons why social media is important for executives, and how it aligns perfectly with business strategies.
The Social Executive is for analogue people who know they need to be digital but need a guiding hand - the book is a safety net - it's saying - we will guide you there - we will tell you why - we will tell you how - let us help you to remain relevant and become more influential - it's about human communication.
It gives the tips and tools to adapt to new online environments, and the confidence to use them to build credibility, authority deeper and new business relationships.
Written by Dionne Kasian-Lew, an expert who has advised many executives on the topic of corporate social media use, this resource also helps professionals pinpoint the most important social networks to invest time in, and explores which platforms are best suited for various communication goals.
Brings together strategy and concrete actions, so can learn not only the most rewarding approaches, but how best to carry them out
Delves into the benefits of a strong presence on the most popular social networks, including Twitter, LinkedIn, SlideShare, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube
Presents hard evidence that shows the positive results of investing time and energy in social networks
Focuses on the most important aspects of social networks that can be learned in a short period, and is designed for busy professionals
Social networks represent a powerful way to make connections and draw attention and interest to your company. This resource can help you hit the ground running and become social media savvy efficiently and effectively.
Table of contents
- About the author
Part I: Why is social media important?
- 1 Gargantuan and growing: the digital economy
- 2 Six damaging myths about social media
- 3 Mindshift: from ‘so what’ to ‘social’
- 4 The high cost of social executive absenteeism
- 5 Double jeopardy: why you can’t not be there
- 6 Professional development at the digital frontier
Part II: How do I use it?
- 7 Why you must own your digital and social media assets
- 8 Set the bar: social media benchmarks
9 Twitter: the global brain index
- The backstory
- Remember the library
- A Twitter case study: bringing ideas to life
- Twitter for professional development
- Social issues
- Learning by doing: Twitter 101
- The anatomy of Twitter
- The anatomy of a tweet
- Building your Twitter influence
- Building lists
- Weekly hygiene
- Twitter bootcamp
- Chapter summary
- 10 Lock in LinkedIn: a new, global business lunch
- 11 SlideShare: it’s a pump class for PowerPoint
- 12 Google Plus: your social rolodex
- 13 Facebook: your new lounge
- 14 Executive Ecosystem: curate, automate, bring it together
- So, what's next?
- Learn more with practical advice from our experts
- End User License Agreement
- Title: The Social Executive: How to Master Social Media and Why its Good for Business
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730312895
You might also like
Organizational Culture and Leadership, 5th Edition
The book that defined the field, updated and expanded for today's organizations Organizational Culture and Leadership …
Business Communication, 3rd Edition
Business Communication: Concepts, Skills, Cases, and Applications builds on the strengths of the previous edition and …
Organizational Behavior, Third Edition
Hitt's engaging book will help managers understand the linkage between managing behavior effectively and the organisation's …
Organizational Behavior, 12th Edition
The new edition of Organizational Behavior includes a rich array of exercises, cases, and applied materials …