The world needs more storytellers.
Storytelling is an inherently innovative activity.
When organizations find their best stories and tell them to the world, they’re not only building a reputation, they're flexing the same muscles that allow them to pivot quickly around crisis or opportunity, and solve problems more creatively.
For individuals, crafting stories is the primary way we can make sense of the world and our place in it.
The Strategic Storyteller is a comprehensive, practical guide to transformative storytelling. In its pages you will learn how to:
- Tap into your and your organization's unique sources of wonder, wisdom, and delight
- Boost individual and collective creativity
- Understand the storytelling strategies behind some of the world’s most powerful brands
- Unlock the secrets of the great strategic storytellers of the past
- Build a place where your stories can live online
- Distribute stories so they have staying power and reach in the digital age
- Convene audiences by going beyond demographic stereotypes and tapping into enduring human needs
- Understand how unshakable reputations are built out of stories that accumulate over time
Sooner or later all of us will be asked to tell stories in the course of our professional lives. We will be asked to make a case for ourselves, our work, our companies, and our future. The Strategic Storyteller tells you how.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Introduction: A Call for Storytellers
- 1 Wisdom, Wonder, and Delight
- 2 The Age of the Educated Consumer
- 3 It's about Human Nature
- 4 It's Life Stages, Not Ages: The Generation Myth and the Power of Personalization
- 5 Atomize, Serialize, Magnetize, and Keep Your Velocity
- 6 Only Connect: Creativity and Consistency
- 7 Content Marketing Applied Part 1
- 8 Content Marketing Applied Part 2
- 9 Asymmetrical Thinking
- Afterword: The Future of Storytelling
- End User License Agreement
- Title: The Strategic Storyteller
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119345114
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?" by Clayton M. Christensen)
The path to your professional success starts with a critical look in the mirror. (plus the …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Ten skills for agile leadership Complex challenges are all around us—they impact our companies, our communities, …