Appendix 4A strengths-focused team development plan
Here is a development programme for a team that could be run across a period of approximately six months:
Month 1 (whole-day event):
- Give team members an overview of the six-month programme.
- Identify recent successes and challenges for the team.
- Clarify the team purpose and key goals both from an internal and external perspective.
- Following their one-to-one strengths debrief before the event, identify the individual and collective strengths in the team, and any important weaknesses.
- Identify actions to enhance the team’s ability to play to its strengths.
Month 2 (half-day event):
- Identify the characteristics of a high-performing team.
- Clarify the results of a self-assessment by the team ...