Chapter 7. Migration
This chapter covers
- Migrating from a monolith to microservices
- Exploring an e-commerce website example
- Understanding migration tactics
- Adopting refinement as a core construction philosophy
- Moving from the general to the specific
You’ll seldom have the luxury of making the move to microservices without considering the impact of your new architecture on your organization’s legacy systems. Even if you’re lucky and able to use microservices for a new project, you’ll still have to integrate with existing systems and work within the operational constraints imposed by your environment, such as strictly enforced quality assurance policies. The most likely scenario is that you’ll need to migrate an existing monolith to the ...