Chapter 8. People
In this chapter
- Navigating the politics of large organizations
- Accommodating stakeholder needs
- Understanding the new politics created by microservices
- Organizing developers and teams for microservices
- Challenging the rituals of orthodox software development
Software development is a human activity, and that fact has a massive impact on the outcomes of software development projects. This book communicates a strong message: that the engineering problems of software development have for too long been neglected in favor of meandering arguments about process. Microservices are effective because they address the engineering problems. However, this book doesn’t claim that microservices by themselves deliver great projects. ...