The world’s bestselling Lean expert shows service-based organizations how to go Lean, gain value, and get results—The Toyota Way.
A must-read for service professionals of every level, this essential book takes the proven Lean principles of the bestselling Toyota Way series and applies them directly to the industries where quality of service is crucial for success. Jeff Liker and Karyn Ross show you how to develop Lean practices throughout your organization using the famous 4P model. Whether you are an executive, manager, consultant, or frontline worker who deals with customers every day, you’ll learn how take advantage of all Lean has to offer.
With this book as your guide, you’ll gain a clear understanding of Lean and discover the principles, practices and tools needed to develop people and processes that surprise and delight each of your customers. These ground-tested techniques are designed to help you make continuous improvements in your services, streamline your operations, and add ever-increasing value to your customers. Fascinating case studies of Lean-driven success in a range of service industries, including healthcare, insurance, financial services, and telecommunications, illustrate that Lean principles and practices work as well in services as they do in manufacturing.
Drawn from original research and real-world examples, The Toyota Way to Service Excellence will help you make the leap to Lean.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Prologue The Toyota Way as a General Management Philosophy
- Chapter 1 What Is Service Excellence?
- Chapter 2 The Toyota Way Continues to Evolve
- Chapter 3 Principle 1: Philosophy of Long-Term Systems Thinking
- Chapter 4 Developing Lean Processes: A Short Story
- Chapter 5 Macroprocess Principles: Create a Cadence of High Value Flowing to Customers
- Chapter 6 Microprocess Principles: Make Work Patterns Visible for Continuous Improvement
- Chapter 7 Macrolevel People Principles: The Context for Exceptional People to Provide Exceptional Service
- Chapter 8 Microlevel People Principles: Develop People to Become Masters of Their Craft
- Chapter 9 Problem-Solving Principles: Strive Toward a Clear Direction Through Experimenting
- Chapter 10 The Long Journey to a Customer-Focused Learning Organization
- For Further Reading
- Title: The Toyota Way to Service Excellence: Lean Transformation in Service Organizations
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781259641114
You might also like
Value Stream Mapping: How to Visualize Work and Align Leadership for Organizational Transformation
The first of its kind—a Value Stream Mapping book written for those in service and office …
The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership: Achieving and Sustaining Excellence through Leadership Development
The Missing Link to Toyota-Style Success—LEAN LEADERSHIP Winner of the 2012 Shingo Research and Professional Publications …
The Toyota Kata Practice Guide: Developing Scientific Thinking Skills for Superior Results-in 20 Minutes a Day
Take the Kata path to scientific thinking and superior results! In this long-awaited companion to the …
User Story Mapping
User story mapping is a valuable tool for software development, once you understand why and how …