Book descriptionThe Transformational Consumer
They are the most valuable, least understood customers of our time. They buy over $4 trillion in life-improving products and services every year. If you serve their deeply human need to continually improve their lives, they will eagerly engage with your brand at a time when most people are tuning out corporate messages.
They are Transformational Consumers, and no one knows them like Tara-Nicholle Nelson. Her Transformational Consumer insights powered her work at MyFitnessPal, which grew from 40 million to 100 million users in her time there.
Nelson takes readers on a hero's journey to connecting with customers in ways both profitable and transformational. After going inside the brains, emotions, and behaviors of Transformational Consumers, Tara issues a call to adventure: a rallying cry to leaders to shift their focus from simply making products to solving their customers' problems.
Nelson uses stories and cases studies from every industry to guide readers through this journey in five stages, shedding light on how to rethink their customers, their products and services, their marketing, their competition, and even their culture.
The key to growing a business today is not building an app or getting new social media followers. The key is engaging people over and over again by triggering their deep, human desire for growth and transformation.
When a company reorients every initiative to serve Transformational Consumers, it kick-starts a lifelong love affair with its customers—a love affair that results in unprecedented revenue growth, product innovation, and employee engagement.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Prologue Thirty Years of Transformation
- Introduction How to Transcend the Transactional
- Chapter One Meet the Transformational Consumer
- Chapter Two Removing Resistance and Triggering Progress
- Chapter Three The Hero’s Journey of Your Transformational Consumer
- Chapter Four Your Call to Adventure
- Chapter Five Rethink What You Sell
- Chapter Six Rethink Your Customer
- Chapter Seven Rethink Your Marketing
- Chapter Eight Rethink Your Competition
- Chapter Nine Rethink Your Culture
- Conclusion Transcendence: The Natural State of Things
- The Transformational Consumer Self-Assessment What Do You Need to Rethink First?
- About the Author
- Title: The Transformational Consumer
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781626568853
You might also like
If you’re looking to develop native applications in Kubernetes, this is your guide. Developers and AppOps …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it’s log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, or something …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …
Essential Algorithms, 2nd Edition
A friendly introduction to the most useful algorithms written in simple, intuitive English The revised and …