The Web Designer's Roadmap is a full-color book about the creative process and the underlying principles that govern that process.
While other books cover the nuts 'n' bolts of how to design the elements that make up websites, this book outlines how effective designers go about their work, illustrating the complete creative process from start to finish.
As well as how-to content, the book draws on interviews with a host of well-known design gurus, including Shaun Inman, Daniel Burka, Meagan Fisher, Donald Norman and Dan Rubin.
A non-academic book, this is a fun and easy read packed with practical information.
Table of Contents
The Web Designer’s Roadmap
- 1. Beauty, Creativity, and Inspiration
- 2. It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over: A Bit of Design History
- 3. Gathering Resources: That Rucksack Has a Lot of Pockets
- 4. Form and Function
- 5. Design Patterns: Tried and Trusted Solutions
- 6. Conceptual Design and Our Color Project
- 7. Designing in the Wild
- Title: The Web Designer's Roadmap
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): SitePoint
- ISBN: 9781457174223