Fundamental Concepts and Definitions
- To define and explain different methods of thermodynamic analyses
- Identify thermodynamic systems and draw the energy interaction diagram
- State and explain all the terms relevant to study of thermodynamics
- To identify processes and represent them through diagrams
- To be able to differentiate between units and dimensions
- To know the units of all thermodynamic variables
- To explain the relation between pressure and molecular activity
Thermodynamics is essentially a study of energy interactions between a system and its surroundings. These interactions are generally in the form of heat and work.
Heat or thermal energy is available directly in the form of solar ...