Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics
- To state and prove the Zeroth law
- To be able to define temperature scales, thermometric substance, and fixed points
- To be able to derive the ideal gas temperature scale and hence to establish the Rankine, Kelvin, Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature scales.
- To be able to explain the working principle of various thermometers
- To explain significance of international practical temperature scale
- To establish temperature as a property mathematically
- To explain the molecular basis of temperature
Work and heat were defined in the previous chapter. We mentioned that both of them are energy interactions. It was also mentioned that work transfer takes place as a result of pressure ...