Non-reactive Gas Mixtures
- To understand different methods of analysis of gaseous mixtures
- To understand the concept of partial volume and partial pressure of gaseous mixtures
- To state and explain the Gibbs-Dalton law and the Amagat-Leduc law
- To evaluate the properties of gaseous mixtures
- To understand the phenomenon of mixing in ideal and real gases
It was mentioned in the previous chapter that under certain conditions, atmospheric air can be considered as a pure substance and also as an ideal gas. A mixture of homogenous ideal gases can also be considered as an ideal gas if they do not react with each other during a change of state. The properties of a mixture of ideal gases depend on the ...