Reactive Gas Mixtures—Combustion
- To know types of fuels and the practical analysis of fuels
- To conduct mass balance on reactions involving different types of fuels
- To understand methods of analysing combustion products
- To carry out combustion energy balance
- To explain enthalpy of formation, internal energy of reaction, enthalpy of reaction, and adiabatic flame temperature
- To explain energy relations for reactions under different conditions
We have considered ideal gases and ideal gas mixtures in our analysis so far. The analysis was based on the assumption that ideal gases and ideal gas mixtures could be considered as pure substances which is a reasonable assumption in that experimental results ...