Gas Turbine Cycles
- To explain the operation of Brayton cycle as applied to open and closed cycles
- To determine thermal efficiency, maximum work, and back work ratio
- To know all the modifications of Brayton cycle including their relative merits and demerits
- To understand the effect of irreversibilities on Brayton cycle
- To explain the working principle of various types of jet engines
In the previous chapter, we studied reciprocating IC engines which operate on a gas power cycle. In this chapter, we will study gas turbines which are rotary type engines also operating on a gas power cycle. In the same way as reciprocating IC engines dominate the earth’s surface by being the sole choice for automobiles, ...