Fundamentals of Compressible Flow
- To derive continuity, momentum, and enrgy equations for compressible flow
- To explain effect of stationary and moving sources on the flow field
- To explain acoustic velocity, Mach number, and stagnation properties
- To know the dynamics of compressible fluid flow through nozzles
- To understand the concept of Fanno and Rayleigh lines
- To explain the phenomenon of normal shock and derive the normal shock relations
In Chapter 6 we studied the application of first law to systems under steady flow. The emphasis was on the analysis of work and heat interactions in a control volume with a steadily flowing fluid with little attention being paid to the dynamics of fluid ...