Chapter 6. Developing a plan
This chapter covers
- Assessing what you’ve learned in the preliminary phases of the project
- Revising the goals of the project based on new information
- Realizing when you should redo prior work
- Communicating new information to the customer and getting feedback
- Developing a plan for the execution phase
Figure 6.1 shows where we are in the data science process: beginning the build phase by formal planning. Throughout this book, I’ve stressed that uncertainty is one of the principle characteristics of data science work. If nothing were uncertain, a data scientist wouldn’t have to explore, hypothesize, assess, discover, or otherwise apply scientific methods to solve problems. Nor would a data scientist need to ...