THE SECRET TO PROFITING FROM OPTIONS:
THINK LIKE A PROFESSIONAL OPTION TRADER, NOT A STOCK TRADER!
Understand the unique dynamics of options trades and markets
Practical, concise insights based on actual option trading scenarios
Master trade selection, risk management, and more
By professional options trader Michael Benklifa, best-selling author of Profiting with Iron Condor Options
Want to win in options? You must think like a professional option trader. Step #1: Get rid of the habits you learned in stock trading: they’re killing you! Step #2: Understand the real dynamics of options markets: they are radically, fundamentally different.
Example: When stock traders look at price, they see information. Option traders see probability, time, and volatility. Example: Stock trading is about having an information advantage. Option trading can be about exploiting a lack of information. Example: Stocks either go up or they don’t. Option trades can be structured for a 90% probability of success.
With dynamics like these, option trading is like nothing else. Through practical, simple examples, Michael Benklifa will help you understand what’s really going on here…so you can consistently build trades that earn profits and control risk!
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- About the Author
Introduction: Why Traders Fail
- Is Failure a Flaw?
- Blaming Emotions
- Blaming Systems
- Successful Traders Versus Successful Trading
- Trading for a Living
- Trade for the Right Reasons
- The Ability to Duplicate a Strategy
- Correlation Versus Causation
- Don’t Trade to Make Money
- What Kind of Trader Are You?
- A Single Difference Goes a Long Way
- A Limited Worldview
- 1. Understanding Options
- 2. What Is Price?
- 3. Pure Options Trading: Building Your Own Trade
- 4. Situational Trading
- 5. Risk Management
- Appendix: Quantum Physics and Trading—The Price Uncertainty Principle
- FT Press
- Title: Think Like an Option Trader: How to Profit by Moving from Stocks to Options
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): PH Professional Business
- ISBN: 9780133065343